Table of Content
- Who Is Sprucejoy?
- What Information Does Sprucejoy Collect?
- How Do We Use Your Data?
- Do We Share Your Data With Third Parties?
- What Are Your Rights When We Use Your Data?
- Child Protection
- Links To Other Websites
- Opting Out Of Communications
- For How Long Will We Store Your Data?
- Modifications And Updates To This Privacy Notice
Who Is Sprucejoy?
SpruceJoy (hereinafter, referred to as “SpruceJoy”, “we” or “us”) is a company operated by Alta Labs Inc, with the following contact details:
Postal address: 11900 Jollyville Rd #200524, Austin, TX 78720
When using the SpruceJoy application, we can use your personal data in different ways:
We created the SpruceJoy application (the “Application”) to make it simple for users to explore and support organizations they care about with their friends and others with similar interests. We give you control of your information because you may not want to share your information with everyone. You choose what information you provide, including contact and personal information, interests, and causes. You control the sharing of that information by using the privacy settings on the Application.
What Information does SpruceJoy Collect?
Information You Provide to Us
You may provide us personal information if you register with SpruceJoy, like your username, password, first and last names, email address, and mailing address. You may provide additional personal information for your profile.
We may communicate with you if you’ve provided us the means to do so. For example, if you’ve given us your email address, we may email you about your use of the Services. Also, we may receive a confirmation when you open an email from us. This confirmation helps us make our communications with you more interesting and improve our Services. If you do not want to receive communications from us, please indicate your preference by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org or by following the opt-out instructions contained in such emails.
However, we will never ask you to provide us with any confidential or sensitive data, and you should never do so. Sensitive data means any information related to racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religious or philosophical beliefs, or trade union membership, genetic data, biometric data, data concerning health or data concerning a natural person’s sex life or sexual orientation or data concerning criminal records. If we learn that you have provided us with any such information, we will disregard it and delete it immediately, and we will not include it in our database.
You may also post information, opinions, voting records, text, sounds, audio, video, images, graphics, and other content orof any nature (collectively, “Materials”) to the Application. You have control of who sees this Material through your use of the privacy available through the Application. If you choose, the Materialsbe viewable by other users.
Information Collected Automatically
We may use this data to customize Content for you that we think you might like, based on your usage patterns. We may also use it to improve the Services - for example, this data can tell us how often users use a particular feature of the Services, and we can use that knowledge to make the Services interesting to as many users as possible.
Information Collected From Other Websites and Do Not Track Policy
We collect information that identifies, relates to, describes, is reasonably capable of being associated with, or could reasonably be linked, directly or indirectly, with a particular consumer or household (“personal data”). In addition, we may collect data that is not identifiable to you or otherwise associated with you, such as aggregated data, and is not personal data. To the extent this data is stored or associated with personal data, it will be treated as personal data; otherwise, the data is not subject to this Privacy Notice.
Information SpruceJoy Client Provide to Us
We offer Clients the ability to bring their existing mailing lists to SpruceJoy, meaning Clients may share your email address with us. Clients represent to us that they have your permission to use your email address on our platform. If you believe your information was provided to SpruceJoy wrongfully, please email us at email@example.com to request removal of that information. Note also that Clients may have their own privacy policies and practices around their use of your information, which we encourage you to review and understand.
How Do We Use Your Data?
We strive to ensure that the content can be enjoyed by everyone, and to keep the content appropriate, tasteful and lawful. To do that, we collect and process your personal data for the following business and commercial purposes:
- To handle your registration with SpruceJoy
- If you decide to register with us and create a user account, we will use your data to handle your registration. This includes that we may use your data to provide better products and/or services to you and for administration, maintenance and development of the Application.
- To respond to your questions and claims
- Again, if you get in touch with us to ask any questions or to raise a claim, we will use your personal information to respond to your questions or to handle your claims, in order for us to provide a better client service.
- To handle your subscriptions with organizations
- If you use our application to subscribe to an organization’s subscription plan, we will use your personal data to handle your subscription and make sure it reaches the organization. However, as mentioned above, in this case, your data will be controlled by the organization, so we suggest that you carefully read their privacy policies or terms. In this context, following the organization’s instructions, we may also use anonymous information collected to improve the quality of the Application. This information may help us to diagnose problems, maintain security, and provide services users want. SpruceJoy may determine user demographics, interests, and behavior and may share such information with others. For example, we may provide demographic or usage information to an organization so they may see how many users are from a specific geographic area or industry. However, please don’t worry. This information will always be anonymous and will not be enough to identify you.
- To let you post Materials: directly to public portions of the Application such as causes, forums, communities, or message boards, in which case obviously those Materials may be available to other users.
- If you provide your email address at the Application, we may use your email address to contact you and notify you of any Application news. You can choose which types of email you receive from us by changing your account settings at the Application. Generally, you cannot opt-out of receiving certain communications that are inextricably linked to the Application, such as service-related announcements and administrative messages, except by terminating your account.
- Developing, improving, operating, providing, predicting, or performing, including maintaining or servicing accounts, enhancing the Services and your experience with them, providing customer service, processing or fulfilling transactions, verifying your identity, and processing payments.
- Communicating with you by email and text about the Services, verifying your identity, responding to support inquiries or, sharing information about the Services.
- Auditing related to a current interaction with the user and concurrent transactions.
- Detecting security incidents, protecting against malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity, and prosecuting those responsible for that activity.
- Debugging to identify and repair errors that impair existing intended functionality.
- Undertaking internal research for technological development and demonstration.
- Undertaking activities to verify or maintain the quality or safety of the Services owned, manufactured, manufactured for, or controlled by us, and to improve, upgrade, or enhance the Services owned, manufactured, manufactured for, or controlled by us.
- Complying with applicable laws, regulations, rules and requests of relevant law enforcement and/or other governmental agencies, or for other purposes, as permitted or required by law.
- Enforcing our Terms of Service and other usage policies.
- As necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, and safety of our users, us, and other third parties.
We will not use the personal data we collected for materially different, unrelated, or incompatible purposes without providing you with notice and obtaining your consent.
Do We Share Your Data With Third Parties?
Your personally identifiable information will not be sold to advertisers or spammers.
We share your personally identifiable information in three cases:
- Our service providers with your permission.
- Change of ownership
- Government agencies or regulators when permitted or required to do so by law; in response to a request from a law enforcement agency or authority or any regulatory authority; and/or to protect the integrity of the Services or our interests, rights, property, or safety, and/or that of our users and others.
Each as more fully described in the paragraphs below.
We may be required to disclose user information pursuant to lawful requests, such as subpoenas or court orders, or in compliance with applicable laws. We do not reveal information until we have a good faith belief that an information request by law enforcement or private litigants meets applicable legal standards. Additionally, we may share account or other information when we believe it is necessary to comply with law, to protect our interests or property, to prevent fraud or other illegal activity perpetrated through the SpruceJoy service or using the SpruceJoy name, or to prevent imminent bodily harm. This may include sharing information with other companies, lawyers, agents or government agencies.
Please remember that anyone who has access to your username and password may be able to access your personal information; therefore, we encourage you to keep your password secret to prevent any unwanted access.
In addition, please remember that you are in control of sharing personal information that you provide to the Application, including by using the privacy settings.
What Are Your Rights When We Use Your Data?
You can delete your account at your user profile page. You can also edit your personal information to ensure that it is correct and up-to-date. You may delete your information from the Application at any time.
SpruceJoy does not offer the Application to, or knowingly collect or solicit information from, anyone under the age of 13. If you are under 13, do not provide us with any information. Any information we receive from people we believe to be under 13 will be purged from our database.
Links To Other Websites
The Application may contain links to other websites, including of blogs, local news and other organizations. SpruceJoy is not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of other websites that may be linked to the Application. For more information about how any such third parties use your data, please read their corresponding privacy policies or terms carefully.
SpruceJoy takes reasonable precautions to protect our users' information. Your account information is located on a secured server behind a firewall. Because email and instant messaging are not recognized as secure communications, we request that you not send private information to us by email or instant messaging services. Although we allow you to set privacy setting that limit access to your information, please be aware that no security measures are perfect or 100% effective. We cannot control the actions of other users with whom you may choose to share your pages and information. Even after removal, copies of Materials may remain viewable in cached and archived pages or if other users have copied or stored your Materials. If you have any questions about the security of SpruceJoy Application, please contact us.
Opting Out Of Communications
For How Long Will We Store Your Data?
This depends on the purposes for which we use your information. As a general rule, we will only use your personal data as long as it is necessary to perform the contract we are bound to, or as long as necessary to answer to your questions and handle your claims. In other cases, we will only use your personal data as long as we still have your consent to do so. Please remember that when your consent is our legal basis to use your data, you can always revoke it any time.
In addition to that, depending on where you use our services from, we may also keep your data for some additional time in case we need it in relation to any liabilities that may arise in connection to the use of your data, as permitted by applicable law.
Modifications And Updates To This Privacy Notice
This Privacy Notice replaces all previous disclosures we may have provided to you about our information practices with respect to the Services. We reserve the right, at any time, to modify, alter, and/or update this Privacy Notice, and any such modifications, alterations, or updates will be effective upon our posting of the revised Privacy Notice. We will use reasonable efforts to notify you in the event material changes are made to our processing activities and/or this Privacy Notice, such as by posting a notice on the Services or sending you an email. Your continued use of the Services following our posting of any revised Privacy Notice will constitute your acknowledgement of the amended Privacy Notice.